We visited Petra Mare hotel for three weeks during July 2017, had a family suite.
Overall excellent vacation and good hotel, and we could go back to this hotel again.
Few items where Hotel still can improve quite easily
- Music was too loud (and especially bad) at Buffet restaurant. Noice polution was too loud for having nice and relaxed dinners. Change the music to some relaxing and stress free "lounge music" instead of dance/techno music and the guests might be more quiet as well.
- Music was too loud at Pool as well and same songs every day...Despacito :)
- Waiters seem to have too busy work or some other issues > this caused them to almost run and they did a lot of basic errors like bumping to customers/kids carrying food and taking away your dishes while you were still eating! Hire more waiters maybe and train them better. Waiters sidestep customers, not vice versa!
- Food was pretty good but a bit over-cooked everything. Especially fish and meat disher were dry every day. Missed traditional greek foods, too much pizza/pasta etc. as main courses. Ala Carte free voucher menu was quite disappointing, buffet was better.
- Bed could be much better in suites.
- Pool cleaning was done poorly, there were sand quite alot in pools. Of course understandable as the beach is very close to pool.
- Animation shows and team were great, only problem once again was too loud music. Especially MiniDisco was playing music way too load for small kids.