At it’s best it could be a nice, quirky cabin. It was clean and there’s a great view. But there are certain expectations we had from the listing description, and from our experiences at other rentals, that were not met whatsoever.
⁃ It’s advertised as having 6 bedrooms. There are only two actual private bedrooms with closets. In the basement there are three “bedrooms” but it is really a closet within a room within another room. The loft area has 5 beds and no walls to make it a separate room. It overlooks the kitchen and family room, so anyone staying in those 5 beds is going to have a hard time sleeping before everyone else in the house goes to sleep or after anyone in the house wakes up.
- There is no heating system, only A/C. There is a wood-burning fireplace and a few space heaters built into the walls of certain rooms. It gets COLD. And it is difficult to keep warm.
- There is WiFi but it is extremely slow, so basically useless.
- The TV is very outdated. No smart TV or any of those capabilities. No HDMI ports.
- There is no guestbook to explain things, like how the heaters work and where they are located.
- There is a washer and dryer but no detergent or dryer sheets. There also wasn’t shampoo or conditioner although they did have a few bars of soap.
- We found large spiders on the beds and near them. A little pest control would go a long way.
- There is a key used to enter and no key pad, so not the best security.
- And lastly, the owner is terrible to work with. He was very unhelpful and even accusatory of us. If we said there were any problems he tried to make it seem as if it were our fault and not his. Extremely unprofessional and immature.
So if you have a party of 20 and only 4 people want privacy then the property will work—as long as everyone is also ok sharing one old TV outside of the master bedroom, and at the same time not having internet on their phones. If that doesn’t sound like it’s worth the nightly fee to you, then I’d look elsewhere.
Really wish I could leave a better review, but our experience was quite negative and we were extremely disappointed.